jueves, 9 de mayo de 2013

"Can you see anything?", "Yes, wonderful things."

That's the famous words that Howard Carter answered to Lord Carnarvon when he saw for the very first time the antechamber from the Tutankhamun's tomb, watching through a small hole he made.

 I admired him since I was a child, I think since 6th grade in elementary, when my favourite teacher give us the task of draw something related to Egypt, and I drew the famoust "Mask of Tutanhamun", in that moment I found my dream career, Archeology. For me, and my child eyes, Archeology was so magical, mysterious and unique that I fell in love inmediately, so I just want to know more and more, in special, from Egyptian culture, for that reason I read about Howard Carter and his discovery.


He was, somehow, a self-taught Archaeologist, because he never study formaly the career, but he was formed under the wing of other great Archaeologists, feeding on their knowledge and experience. He was  born in London in 1874, and pass his educational life on charge of tutors; he inherited from his father, Samuel Carter (Painter), their ability to draw, which led him to travel to Egypt at 17 for copying wall paintings for Percy Newberry.

His career starting very slowly, but finally he turned famous by Tuntanhamun and that's not less. I admired him because he work very hard to accomplish his dream, and that's inspired me to do the same. For you to know more, I let you this link (in Spanish, I don't know an English page) http://www.egiptologia.com/ that recount about Howard Carter and his discovery, I hope you like and enjoy it!

                                 

                         Here you can see him cleaning with a brush  Tutankhamun's second coffin.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario